1. The "Mosaic of Common Existence", which entered the Guinness Book of Records with the title of "the world's largest single-piece floor mosaic" of 1600 square meters created with marble stones brought from 44 cities in Hatay, Turkey, will stimulate the cultural tourism of the city.
2. The fact that the mosaic created by the Metropolitan Municipality and Hatay Mustafa Kemal University for the promotion of EXPO 2021 Hatay has written its name in the book of records has made both the project organizers and the citizens happy.
3. Following the announcement of the record, visitors who came to examine the 1600 square meter wide floor mosaic in the EXPO Kisecik area of Hatay took souvenir photos.
4. Hatay Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Lütfü Savaş said that the "Common Existence Mosaic", which combines natural marble stones of different colors brought from 44 cities of Turkey, was completed in March after 7 months of work by 300 people.
5. Stating that the mosaic reflects the thousand-year-old history of the city, Savaş said, "We have both abstract and concrete historical facts in the mosaic. We wanted to bring together the important events, mythological values and civilization accumulation of the city in a mosaic."
6. Savaş expressed that they welcomed the positive outcome of their application for the work to enter the Guinness Book of Records as "the world's largest monolithic floor mosaic" and said that the announcement of the record increased their joy when Hatay was made on the 83rd anniversary of its accession to the motherland.
7. Stating that they have gifted the record to both the city and the country, Hatay Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Savaş said, "This record is Hatay's, Turkey's record. Let the record be a gift to all our elders who have labored for this country and this city, especially our Gazi Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, who have become martyrs and veterans. Let our record be a gift to our Hatay and our country."
8. In June 2020, Hatay Metropolitan Municipality applied to Hatay Mustafa Kemal University (HMKU) for the design and implementation project of the Common Existence Mosaic within the scope of EXPO. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Banu Özdilek, faculty member from the Department of Archaeology, and independent researcher Archaeologist Dr. H. Onur Tıbıkoğlu realized the design.
9. Following the completion of the image, the design, which was signed in May 2021 between HMKU Rector Prof. Dr. Hasan Kaya and Hatay Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Assoc. Prof. Dr. Lütfü Savaş within the framework of public-university cooperation, was introduced with the transfer protocol.
10. The implementation project started in August 2021. The mosaic was applied to a circular square at the western entrance of the Antakya Expo Fair Grounds in April 2022 with the joint efforts of scientists, experts, representatives of the Hatay mosaic sector in Reyhanlı, Defne, Erzin, craftsmen and 300 people.
11. Natural stones weighing a total of 40 tons in 44 different color tones were used in the mosaic. On July 22, the work was measured on the spot by referees and experts appointed from Guinness World Records Headquarters and registered as 'the world's largest floor mosaic made with natural stones'.
12. Guinness World Records Turkey Representative and Referee Şeyda Subaşı stated that the mosaic should be made entirely of natural stones, identifiable when viewed from the air, have a minimum size of 500 square meters and have at least two colors.
13. Subaşı said that the Mosaic of Common Existence fulfilled these conditions and stated that the record holder was Hatay Metropolitan Municipality as of July 23, 2022.
14. The "Mosaic of Common Existence", which entered the Guinness Book of Records with the title of the world's largest floor mosaic made with natural stones, is waiting for your visit in the Hatay EXPO Kisecik area in Turkey.